Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Book ready to come out; comment on next book

Another hitch occurred with the book, but it was not my overlooking something. The formatting of the book - its spacing on the page - was wrong in two chapters, and worse than that, two pages at the end of one chapter were missing! So on Monday last I put in a report on the supposedly final proof, and I stayed in the printing company's premises until everything was fixed up, then checked through again. Once that was done with a few very minor adjustments, the book was ready to have all the 150 copies printed, which should be happening as I write this.

A few things I would like to have changed occurred to me recently, but there's no use worrying about it now. My 'child' with all its virtues and flaws is to be launched and is out of my hands. I'm sure most writers have the same experience when they can't change anything any more.

The media is largely what governs thinking behind policy in New Zealand. If the media does not like what the government is wanting to initiate, the government backs down. The media looks first and foremost to the need of the status quo to maintain itself, and to the desire of those who are doing well in terms of wealth, power and prestige, to be happy with what the media present to the public. Of course there are exceptions which cause the occasional ripple of disturbance, but considering the montrous and growing ills and portents of disaster that this and most other countries are facing, what comes over the media is deliberately kept shallow and non-controversial. People (in the main) who have a say on the media - at least when it reaches most media-consumers - are 'safe' people. If one has an alternative, more controverial and more 'in-depth' view, it is useless to fret and try to put forward that view in the tiny gaps occasionally provided by write-ins, or talk-backs. That's why I feel all I can do now is prepare to write a 'controversial' book about the present and future predicament of mankind, and to write it as a novel, making it as interesting and entertaining as possible. I have already written of draft of this 'futuristic' novel which is a complement of the present one being printed, but it will be somewhat different from that first draft when I really get to work on it. It seems to be the only way anybody with any sense of the shocking state and direction in which 'global forces' are pushing us all, to be able to do anything to try to break the ice of escapist fantasy taken for reality (most of religion), along with the fascination with celebrity 'Paris Hilton' type rubbish, sport-fanaticism, 'secular' apathy and confusion. As an example, one of the first to put a bomb of reality under the Moslem world was Salman Rushdie, in 'Satanic Verses', and being such a well-known writer, the reaction showed how determined most of that quarter of the world is to remain sleep-walking into the future. But there are just as many - if not so dramatic and unsubtle - examples of how the West also tries to avoid or discount truthful thinking. It seems we humans alive today have no will or capacity to change basis of present civilization; to face realistically what we are bringing down upon ourselves if we don't move quickly to radical change in a well-planned, conscious way, so as not to inflict global disaster on our great and great great grandchildren.


Anonymous Ronli said...

Interesting to know.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange any dialogue turns out.. [url=http://cgi2.ebay.fr/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=acheter_levitra_ici_1euro&acheter-levitra]achat levitra[/url] Should you tell, that you are not right.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But still, there are well known companies which be entitled to benefit words and created an excellent Best Discount Cialis Pharmacy Online reputation.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you body Viagra or some other meds in our machine shop you may be established http://ipod-playlist.com/viagra.html Discount Viagra Pharmacy On-line that this issue just of pre-eminent distinction determination be delivered to you certainly in time.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://italtubi.com/levitra-generico/ ]levitra comprare [/url] itYeah, catturati! generico levitra

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

La parole d'honneur. [url=http://www.ci2s.org]achat cialis[/url] Je trouve que vous vous trompez. achat cialis

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comme cela d'une maniГЁre amusante sonne http://runfr.com acheter cialis en pharmacie cialis generiques

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Non ton affaire! cialis 20mg achat cialis

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

su frase simplemente excelente http://nuevascarreras.com/tag/cialis-online/ cialis 20 mg efectos Si puГІ dire questo eccezione: i) comprar cialis generico en espana aavcmipxnk [url=http://www.mister-wong.es/user/COMPRARCIALIS/comprar-viagra/]viagra cialis[/url]

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


3:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

erection keflex Clomid purchase Clomid (Serophene) No Prescription Required buy kamagra oral jellye online cheap Tadalafil cod Tadalafil without prescription overnight shipping how to get a Generic clomid prescription purchase Amoxil in New Brunswick buy flagyl fed ex Where Buy Augmentin buy lady uk avodart

2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

diflucan 150 mg toenail fungus Buy Cheap Prograf On Line sildenafil by vbulletin buy Lipitor with cod buy alesse generico online Levonorgestrel Purchase Purchase Levonorgestrel Online No Prescription keflex information online buy Levitra prescription No Prescription Ditropan Overnight

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fill online prescription lasix jak dziala KAMAGRA SOFT Luxembourg online prescription Lipitor provera drug information boniva overnight delivery cheap levitra headache treatment buy boniva without a prescription diflucan next day no prescriptionbuying diflucan without a script purchase Omnicef (Cefdinir) online buy Levitra and other drug online

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kamagra viagra oral jelly boniva pay by cod kamagra online uk cephalexin dogs side effects Online Order kamagra oral jelly alesse free overnight fedex delivery keflex sinus infection citrus keflex interaction buy avelox cod delivery buy cheap buy ditropan online overnight ditropan

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sit 7 look 6! The rocket is apart from Trojan to be differred only 1 get the better of get the better of tonight keep 2 great senses
Beijing time on March 9, guest field94-88BeatTrojan teamHind, Rocket teamLived firmly to be in with the platoon not only behindKnight team, Lake person groupdifference and oneself rank, and had impact western the superexcellent opportunity of the 6th. Can say, this victory is attached most importance to especially should.
Say rocket group today's victory is important, because rank,be western the 6th to the difference between the team of the 9th not big. From the rank western the Trojan team of the 6th, to the rank western the lake person group of the 9th, the success between the team that 4 ranks are next to field difference is in 1 or so basically. If guest field does not win rocket team to be defeated instead today, so they will lose race to control not only western the opportunity of the 6th, with the success between knight team and lake person group field difference also can be narrowed.
Fortunately, although the process is difficult, but rocket team still beats Trojan team finally to take a victory in guest field, total in before 3 fight hand to hand of this sports season and Trojan team get victory. After Benchangbi is surpassed, rocket team with 34 get the better of 29 negative military successes the platoon is in western the 7th, with the rank western the Trojan team of the 6th [url=http://wholesalenikeshoes.manifo.com/]wholesale nike shoes[/url] (35 get the better of 28 negative) differ to be gotten the better of 1 times merely, right western the 6th initiated strong impact.
Meanwhile, be in as knight team today88-89Not enemyOx team, lake person group118-116The win by a narrow margin when addingFierce dragon team, the guest field get victory of rocket team still helped them maintain with the difference between these two team, avoided to be narrowed get the better of a poor awkwardness by knight team and lake person group, it is the risk that is exceeded instead by them even.
Advantageous still to rocket team is, they had been in before 3 fight hand to hand of this sports season and Trojan team total get victory, before 3 fight hand to hand with knight team also with 2 get the better of 1 negative military successes to be occupied windwardly (the 3rd fight hand to hand with team of knight of 125-80 mad massacre) , before 3 be engaged in a hand-to-hand fight with lake person group are similar with 2 get the better of 1 negative military successes to be occupied windwardly, so rocket team is in and the situation with Trojan team, knight team and same combat gains of lake person group falls, still very great opportunity is occupied on the rank advantage.
Be worth what carry is, of team of this field match rocket hit the target rate is not high, full-court, their hit the target rate it is only 36.5% , insufficient even 4 into. And this also is them Bensaijidi hits the target 11 times rate is insufficient the match of 40% . Although rocket group scored a hit 10 times in the past,rate inadequacy is obtained only in the match of 40% 2 get the better of 8 negative military successes, get victory probability is only 20% , but they still are in tonight hit the target rate inadequacy took a victory in guest field below 4 become cases, this fights to guest field them solid belong to not easy.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home