Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Humiliated.

Today I was summoned to explain why I thought I didn't need to do a course on 'file management' at Senior Net. Well, I didn't think I needed to do it because I knew it all already. I was wanting to get into a course on web site design, to re-inforce the quick one I've done at the Riccarton school evening studies program. But the wheels of Senior Net grind very slowly, and their rule is that you must do the course on 'file management' before one is fit to go on to do exciting things like web pages.

Anyway, I thought they might make and exception. I have to travel across town to get to their courses. Well, I answered the summons and was there at the appointed time and I had to sit a test! And I failed dismally. I really do need to first do a course on file management. To be sure, one isn't as confident working on an unfamiliar computer, but the truth is my knowledge of computers is very narrowly focused. Go outside the familiar pathways and I'm stumped. So it looks like I'll have to resign myself to a year of learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home